Pages

17 October 2008

Reflections of Christ

I know this is MY photography blog, but I couldn't help but share this...
Here is one blessing of living in the freezing cold to go to a "Religious Education Center":
And that is getting to see some really cool stuff!
I had the chance to view a traveling exhibit in the religion bu
ilding on campus here! It's called Reflections of Christ! They are a series of photographs on the life of Christ and they are B-E-A-U-TIFUL! Luckily for you -- they have a website... it is http://www.reflectionsofchrist.org after you get there I would click on the "Blog" link and view the video there... or actually a SLIDESHOW of the images (if it is not the first post, it was posted on October 10th.You could also go to this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YADkd1n_Dfo on YouTube to see all the images too.) The exhibit will be traveling more, maybe even to you! I emailed the guy in charge tonight to find out more info on the tour.) The reason for this "project" is for a book that you can buy at deseretbook.com -- I'm not sure if it is preorder still? I commissioned my mother to buy it IMMEDIATELY. But I might just have to run over to DB tomorrow to check it out for myself... because the exhibit is leaving our campus TODAY!
It is seriously the most incredible thing I have ever seen. Clearly a powerful testimony in my favorite artistic medium. I hope you will check it out! It's amazing how art stimulates the senses, even our spirits. It definitely gave my testimony a boost of the Living Christ and how important it is to be like Him.This is probably my favorite image from the exhibit!

No comments :

all images copyright of heather wright, heathermarie photographie